Unwrapit is on a mission to help companies break free from the conventional thinking that surrounds corporate gift giving. Our digital gifting platform offers a way for companies to give gifts to their clients, event attendees or employees through a fully brandable and personalized gift experience, at any scale. The gifts are low/no waste and sustainably-minded, and recipients are able to choose a gift that resonates most with them.
In this role, you will work closely with Unwrapit’s other team members and initially have one direct report with the goal to build a strong Customer Success and Implementations team!
WHO WE ARE
Unwrapit is solving for the complexity & logistical challenges that come with procuring, preparing and providing gifts in a personalized way at an event, to a client or with a team. From identifying the right gifts to getting them in the hands of recipients, conventional corporate gifting is full of administrative and creative obstacles. Our product seeks to remove them.
We care deeply about people and the planet. We believe that giving gifts and making a positive impact can be one and the same. That reaching out, saying thank you, and providing an experience of a lifetime can be seamless. That receiving corporate gifts doesn't have to feel corporate at all.
Unwrapit has received support from Ontario Centres for Excellence’s SmartStart Fund, Futurpreneur, Alterna Savings, and the City of Toronto. Unwrapit is a member of the Upside Foundation of Canada, 1% for the Planet, and CSI’s Climate Ventures. The company receives advisory services from ventureLAB and has graduated from the Founders Institute. We recently certified as a B Corporation.
You would be joining an accomplished team with a track record in founding, scaling and supporting businesses.
We take pride in a participatory work culture, where learning trumps ego. Curiosity, experimentation and a human-centred approach are core to how we do meaningful work together and to how we respond to the evolving needs of our customers.
WHO YOU ARE
You are someone who is excited to be part of a rapidly growing team. You are ready, willing, and able to help make our big dreams for the future of corporate gifting, worldwide a reality. You are a proven team-leader and you genuinely enjoy mentoring and supporting colleagues with a growth mindset approach.
You will be the strategic and tactical partner for our customers at every stage of the unwrapping process. You are focused on building a rapport with them to ensure long-term collaboration by overseeing the implementation process, presenting product information, addressing customer issues and helping with upsells and renewals. As a self-motivated customer engagement guru, you can help us connect with customers, supporting them to implement new gift campaigns and ensure a smooth recipient experience.
You can see the big picture but also the small (important!) details. You understand that being part of a start-up in the early days is exciting, sometimes frustrating, but always rewarding.
Your superpower is championing the customer’s voice and understanding the unique needs of each gift campaign, as you work with the Customer Success team to execute unwrapping experiences. You are able to translate our customers' needs and objectives into our platform’s capabilities and current gift options. You can support our customers in their quest to create fun and engaging corporate and event gifting experiences, and guide/teach the team along the way. You’re a storyteller, you can use our platform to support the creation of ‘meaningful connections’, through virtual gifting. You have a knack for ‘reading between the lines’, and this will come in handy when you help them to curate their gift options and finalize content.
The customer success team is our customers’ first line of support and is responsible for creating gift campaigns on their behalf. You will equip them with self-serve reporting and recipient management tools.
In this full time role, you’ll work closely with all three co-founders, taking ownership over the technical details, the branding, the gift options, recipient lists, and content across multiple gift campaigns at the same time.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Be the lead contact on all gift campaign implementations, from setup, to deployment. This includes:
- Leading meetings with customers to understand their needs, and translating them into the campaign implementation
- Abstract thinking - understanding how our system functions and being able to translate that for our customers, and their gifting needs
- Matchmaking - understanding our current gift options across multiple price tiers and being able to group the gift options to match a customer’s needs and budget
- Supporting the execution of gift campaigns including implementation, tech support and post campaign follow up (i.e. reporting)
- Testing of campaigns to ensure the user experience is smooth
- Managing incoming recipient lists and packing them for our technical team to import
Lead the Customer Success team, this includes:
- Mentoring our growing Customer Success team and ensuring their success (along with support from the co-founders)
- Setting goals and initiatives for the team and manage performance and productivity to achieve our goals
- Owning the strategy for how we deliver support to customers of all sizes in the most efficient way, and the metrics that drive the plan to execute this
- Leading the attraction, recruitment, inspiration, and retention of a proactive team that cultivates and nurtures a growth mindset, and doesn’t wait for customer issues to engage
- Provide feedback and help enhance Unwrapit’s overall operations.
- Support Unwrapit’s marketing and sales efforts.
- Have fun, work as a team, embody a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude.
- Contribute to product innovation and development.
- Co-create your own personal and professional development plan.
HOW WE WORK
We are a small team working hard to make Unwrapit the success we know it can be. To get there, we understand that we don’t have to have everything figured out from day one. Instead, we ground in the qualities that we know make for high-performing, healthy teams:
- Cultivate and nurture trust in yourself and others
- Be forthright about what you definitely can do and what you definitely can’t
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback to help yourself and others succeed
- Take great joy in the big, long-term wins and the small, daily achievements
- Accept setbacks as a necessary part of creative work
- Be willing to strongly defend what you believe in
- Model flexibility and curiosity with everything else
- Work hard, work collaboratively, and have fun
Policies are transparent and team members are empowered to make decisions about areas that affect them most. This allows our team to work flexible hours and from where they are most inspired. We are happy to have a ‘hub’ where our team can come together to innovate and connect in Toronto and Barcelona, but ultimately, we trust each other to stay accountable and get stuff done.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- 4+ years of working in a technical marketing or systems configuration role in a team setting, as a people leader (Note: we are always open to conversations with candidates who might be at a different stage of your career, if this is you, please indicate in your cover letter, your experience level/why you are intrigued and interested in working with us.)
- Understanding and exposure to subscription and renewal-based business processes, and related sales experience
- Ability to create strategies, implement them, track performance, achieve set objectives, and maintain performance consistency across the business
- A demonstrated ability to lead distributed teams across cultures, lines of business, and geographies, with a focus on growth mindset
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development & improvement, problem-solving, communication, delegation, and planning.
- High proficiency in the use of cloud solutions, such as GSuite, AirTable, Slack, and Asana.
- Curiosity, you want to know how to use technology to solve problems, creating amazing gifting experiences for recipients, and are eager to learn.
- Strong interest in developing and learning alongside the development team
- Self-organizer and problem-solver, prepared to meet tight deadlines across multiple projects.
- Able to translate technical details into plain English.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills and a customer service oriented approach.
HOW YOU’LL BENEFIT
SALARY, TIME AWAY FROM WORK & BENEFITS
Salary range is $65,000 - $80,000, depending on experience and location. You'll receive four weeks of paid vacation per year, and a comprehensive benefits package from day one. We offer a parental leave policy and flexible work that fits your life.
CAREER & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
As a growing company, there are continual opportunities to learn, whether it is developing a new skill set or cultivating your own entrepreneurial craft. You, along with the rest of our team, will be key to driving our impact forward. We have an allocated budget for external professional development opportunities, (e.g. conference attendance, online training) for our team and want to work with you to identify things that will be most beneficial for you.
WHERE WE WORK
Our offices are in Toronto and Barcelona. We are currently utilizing a hybrid work model for the team in Toronto as we are members at the Centre for Social Innovation (Queen and Spadina) and have shared workspace there. In Barcelona the team gathers at our offices near Diagonal and Passeig de Gracia.
HOW WE HIRE
As a company dedicated to business for good, we try to be as transparent as possible about how we work. We are happy to answer any questions about the hiring process via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We care a lot about who you are, not just what you’ve done. Please make sure to include a cover letter that tells us a little bit more about you, as a person!
Unwrapit provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply here. For those we wish to meet, we will reach out to schedule an interview. All candidates will receive communication from Unwrapit.
Note: Applications will be reviewed as they are received.