Unwrapit is a virtual gifting platform that helps organizations spark and maintain meaningful connections through a fun, personalized ‘unwrapit’ experience & choice of gifts. Our gifts are almost entirely digital, experiential, charitable and practical and therefore don’t require shipping logistics and won’t end up in landfill.
We are excited to add a full-time Customer Success Specialist to our team, someone who understands the relationship-building potential of gift giving to join us starting on August 1, 2021.
WHO WE ARE
Unwrapit is solving for the complexity & logistical challenges that come with procuring, preparing and providing gifts in a personalized way at an event, to a client or with a team. From identifying the right gifts to getting them in the hands of recipients, conventional corporate gifting is full of administrative and creative obstacles. Our product seeks to remove them.
We also care deeply about people and the planet. We believe that giving gifts and making a positive impact can be one and the same. That reaching out, saying thank you, and providing an experience of a lifetime can be seamless. That receiving corporate gifts doesn't have to feel corporate at all.
Unwrapit has received support from Ontario Centres for Excellence’s SmartStart Fund, Futurpreneur, Alterna Savings, and the City of Toronto. Unwrapit is a member of the Upside Foundation of Canada, 1% for the Planet, and CSI’s Climate Ventures. The company receives advisory services from ventureLAB and has graduated from the Founder Institute and Getting to 80 accelerators. We are in the process of certifying as B Corporation (our assessment is currently in review).
As one of our first full-time employees, you would be joining an accomplished team with a track record in founding, scaling and supporting businesses. We’ve spent the last few months building our MVP and successfully launched it in March. One of our first corporate gifting customers is a respected Canadian association that has already gifted over $275,000 in virtual gifts through Unwrapit. On the technical side, we are supported by an incredibly smart, savvy team through our partnership with Hipo.
WHO YOU ARE
As our first full-time team member, you are someone who is excited to be part of our anticipated rapid growth. You are ready, willing, and able to help make our big dreams for the future of corporate gifting, worldwide a reality.
We’re an ideal match if you want to be part of something new and unique. You can see the big picture but also the small (important!) details. You understand that being part of a start-up in the early days is exciting, sometimes frustrating, but always rewarding. We take pride in a participatory work culture, where learning trumps ego. Curiosity, experimentation and a human-centred approach are core to how we do meaningful work together and to how we respond to the evolving needs of our customers.
As a self-motivated customer engagement guru, you can help us connect with customers, supporting them to implement new gift campaigns and ensure a smooth recipient experience.
Your superpower is championing the user’s voice and understanding the unique needs of each gift campaign. You are able to translate our customers' needs and objectives into our platform’s capabilities and current gift options. You can support our customers in their quest to create fun and engaging corporate and event gifting experiences. You’re a storyteller, you can use our platform to support the creation of ‘meaningful connections’, through virtual gifting. You have a knack for ‘reading between the lines’, and this will come in handy when you help them to curate their gift options and finalize content.
You will be our customers’ first line of support and will both set up and maintain gift campaigns on their behalf until our admin/organizer portal is ready for use. Once it’s ready for use, you will onboard customers and help them set up their own gift campaigns.
Setting up campaigns entails gathering info from the customer and turning it into a fully functional gift campaign. You’ll use your knowledge of our product to support the customer in an efficient and effective way. In this full time role, you’ll work closely with all three Co-Founders, taking ownership over the technical details, the branding, the gift options, recipient lists, and content across multiple gift campaigns at the same time.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the lead contact on all gift campaign implementations,from setup, to deployment. This includes:
- Leading meetings with customers to understand their needs, and translating them into the campaign implementation
- Abstract thinking - understanding how our system functions and being able to translate that for our customers, and their gifting needs
- Matchmaking - understanding our current gift options across multiple price tiers and being able to group the gift options to match a customer’s needs and budget
- Executing gift campaigns including implementation, tech support and post campaign follow up (i.e. reporting)
- Testing of campaigns to ensure the user experience is smooth
- Managing incoming recipient lists and packing them for our technical team to import
- Provide feedback and help enhance Unwrapit’s overall operations.
- Support Unwrapit’s marketing and sales efforts.
- Have fun, work as a team, embody a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude.
- Contribute to product innovation and development.
- Share your knowledge with the rest of our team.
- Co-create your own personal and professional development plan.
HOW WE WORK
We are a small team working hard to make Unwrapit the success we know it can be. To get there, we understand that we don’t have to have everything figured out from day one. Instead, we ground in the qualities that we know make for high-performing, healthy teams:
- Cultivate and nurture trust in yourself and others
- Be forthright about what you definitely can do and what you definitely can’t
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback to help yourself and others succeed
- Take great joy in the big, long-term wins and the small, daily achievements
- Accept setbacks as a necessary part of creative work
- Be willing to strongly defend what you believe in
- Model flexibility and curiosity with everything else
- Work hard, work collaboratively, and have fun
Policies are transparent and team members are empowered to make decisions about areas that affect them most. This allows our team to work flexible hours and from where they are most inspired. Post-COVID we hope to have a ‘hub’ where our team can come together to innovate and connect in Toronto, but ultimately, we trust each other to stay accountable and get stuff done.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- 2-3 years of working in a technical marketing or systems configuration role in a team setting (Note: we are always open to conversations with candidates who might be more advanced in their career or at the very beginning of their careers. If this is you, please indicate in your cover letter, your experience level/why you are intrigued and interested in working with us.)
- High proficiency in the use of cloud solutions, such as G Suite, AirTable, Slack, and Asana.
- Curiosity, you want to know how to use technology to solve problems, creating amazing gifting experiences for recipients, and are eager to learn.
- Strong interest in developing and learning alongside the development team
- Self-organizer and problem-solver, prepared to meet tight deadlines across multiple projects.
- Able to translate technical details into plain English.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills and a customer service oriented approach.
HOW YOU’LL BENEFIT
SALARY, TIME AWAY FROM WORK & BENEFITS
Salary range is $50,000 - $60,000, depending on experience and location plus a variable compensation plan.
All employees receive four weeks of paid vacation per year, and a comprehensive benefits package from day one. We offer a parental leave policy and flexible work that fits your life. As part of our commitment to business for good, you will have the opportunity to participate in an Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP) after two years of employment with Unwrapit.
CAREER & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
As a growing company, there are continual opportunities to learn, whether it is developing a new skill set or cultivating your own entrepreneurial craft. You, along with the rest of our team, will be key to driving our impact forward. We have an allocated budget for external professional development opportunities, (e.g. conference attendance, online training) for our team and want to work with you to identify things that will be most beneficial for you.
WHERE WE WORK
Like many, we are currently working 100% remotely. All of our full-time team members are in Toronto. Our development team is in Turkey, Ireland and Spain!
HOW WE HIRE
As a company dedicated to business for good, we try to be as transparent as possible about how we work. We are happy to answer any questions about the hiring process via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We care a lot about who you are, not just what you’ve done. Please make sure to include a cover letter that tells us a little bit more about you, as a person!
Unwrapit provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply here. For those we wish to meet, we will reach out to schedule an interview. All candidates will receive communication from Unwrapit.
Note: Applications will be reviewed as they are received.