Unwrapit is a certified B Corp, on a mission to help companies break free from the conventional thinking that surrounds corporate gift giving. Our digital gifting platform offers a way for companies to give gifts to their clients, event attendees or employees through a fully brandable and personalized gift experience, at any scale. The gifts are low/no waste and sustainably-minded, and recipients are able to choose a gift that resonates most with them.
We are excited to add a full-time Implementation Specialist to our team, someone who understands the relationship-building potential of gift-giving to join us in Summer 2022.
WHO WE ARE
We care deeply about people and the planet. We believe that giving gifts and making a positive impact can be one and the same. That reaching out, saying thank you, and providing an experience of a lifetime can be seamless.
Unwrapit has received support from Ontario Centres for Excellence’s SmartStart Fund, Futurpreneur, Alterna Savings, and the City of Toronto. Unwrapit is a member of the Upside Foundation of Canada, 1% for the Planet, and CSI’s Climate Ventures. The company receives advisory services from ventureLAB and has graduated from the Founders Institute. We recently certified as a B Corporation!
You would be joining an accomplished team with a track record in founding, scaling and supporting businesses. We launched the platform in March 2021 and have worked to enhance the product’s capabilities and expand our partnerships with unique gifting partners.
We take pride in a participatory work culture, where learning trumps ego. Curiosity, experimentation and a human-centred approach are core to how we do meaningful work together and to how we respond to the evolving needs of our customers.
WHO YOU ARE
You are someone who is excited to be part of a rapidly growing team. You are ready, willing, and able to help make our big dreams for the future of corporate gifting, worldwide a reality.
We’re an ideal match if you want to be part of something new and unique. You can see the big picture but also the small (important!) details. You understand that being part of a start-up in the early days is exciting, sometimes frustrating, but always rewarding.
You are a tech specialist. You connect with your computer as much as you connect with people. This role doesn’t require someone with a developer skill-set but you are someone who has a strong grasp on technology and you pick up new platforms and tools easily.
You are probably comfortable with cloud software configuration, various systems, working with integrations, and data management but what you’re really great at is understanding the user’s needs and experience and channeling that into each unique gift campaign. You can support our customers and our team in their quest to create fun and engaging corporate and event gifting experiences. You know how to ‘read between the lines’ to get to the heart of what’s really needed in a campaign.
As part of the Customer Success tea, you will support the setup of campaigns once information is gathered from the customer. You’ll use your knowledge of our product to support the customer ‘behind the scenes’ in an efficient and effective way. In this full-time role, you’ll work with your colleagues on the technical details of the gifting platform and will channel your project management skills to support multiple gift campaigns at the same time.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the technical resource on the implementation, setup, deployment and ongoing support of gift campaigns for customers. This includes:
- managing incoming recipient lists and packing them for our technical team to import
- managing gift unit requests and reporting within the system
- mapping out business processes internally to support our customers and translating them for our system
- working with the dev team as we build on our product road map, striving to create an easy-to-use digital gifting solution that supports the user experience as well as our complicated data needs
- setting up campaigns for users to review and making edits as needed
- continuous testing, and support of new features to ensure systems functioning as intended
- Working with the CTO to complete data migrations and other data-related tasks as needed, including data audits, visualizations, transformations, cleansing, deduplication, and field mapping.
- Create training documentation as required, including video tutorials, and blog posts around technology best practices and processes.
- Support Unwrapit marketing and sales efforts.
- Provide feedback and help enhance our overall operations.
- Have fun, work as a team, embody a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude.
- Contribute to product innovation and development.
- Share your knowledge with the rest of our team.
- Co-create your own personal and professional development plan.
HOW WE WORK
We are a small team working hard to make Unwrapit the success we know it can be. To get there, we understand that we don’t have to have everything figured out from day one. Instead, we ground in the qualities that we know make for high-performing, healthy teams:
- Cultivate and nurture trust in yourself and others
- Be forthright about what you definitely can do and what you definitely can’t
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback to help yourself and others succeed
- Take great joy in the big, long-term wins and the small, daily achievements
- Accept setbacks as a necessary part of creative work
- Be willing to strongly defend what you believe in
- Model flexibility and curiosity with everything else
- Work hard, work collaboratively, and have fun
Policies are transparent and team members are empowered to make decisions about areas that affect them most. This allows our team to work flexible hours and from where they are most inspired. We are happy to have a ‘hub’ where our team can come together to innovate and connect in Toronto and Barcelona, but ultimately, we trust each other to stay accountable and get stuff done.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- 2-3 years of working in a technical marketing or systems configuration role in a team setting (Note: we are always open to conversations with candidates who might be more advanced in their career or at the very beginning of their careers. If this is you, please indicate in your cover letter, your experience level/why you are intrigued and interested in working with us.)
- Knowledge of Django is preferred
- High proficiency in using cloud solutions, such as G Suite, AirTable, Slack, and Asana.
- Curiosity, you want to know how to use technology to solve problems, and are eager to learn.
- Strong interest in developing and learning alongside the development team
- Self-organizer and problem-solver, prepared to meet tight deadlines across multiple projects.
- Able to translate technical details into plain English.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills and a customer service oriented approach.
HOW YOU’LL BENEFIT
SALARY, TIME AWAY FROM WORK & BENEFITS
Salary range is $50,000 - $60,000, depending on experience and location plus a variable compensation plan.
All employees receive a minimum of three weeks of paid vacation per year, and a comprehensive benefits package from day one. We offer a parental leave policy and flexible work that fits your life.
CAREER & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
As a growing company, there are continual opportunities to learn, whether it is developing a new skill set or cultivating your own entrepreneurial craft. You, along with the rest of our team, will be key to driving our impact forward. We have an allocated budget for external professional development opportunities, (e.g. conference attendance, online training) for our team and want to work with you to identify things that will be most beneficial for you.
WHERE WE WORK
Our offices are in Toronto and Barcelona. We are currently utilizing a hybrid work model for the team in Toronto as we are members at the Centre for Social Innovation (Queen and Spadina) and have shared workspace there. In Barcelona the team gathers at our offices near Diagonal and Passeig de Gracia.
HOW WE HIRE
As a company dedicated to business for good, we try to be as transparent as possible about how we work. We are happy to answer any questions about the hiring process via email@example.com.
We care a lot about who you are, not just what you’ve done. Please make sure to include a cover letter that tells us a little bit more about you, as a person!
Unwrapit provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply here. For those we wish to meet, we will reach out to schedule an interview. All candidates will receive communication from Unwrapit.
Note: Applications will be reviewed as they are received.